Balanced diet plan for 5-7 year old kids
The principles of nutrition apply to both children and adults. The same kinds of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, carbs, protein, and fats, are the best diet plan for 5 -7 year old children. We refer to these as nutrients. At different ages, children require varied amounts of various nutrients.
For more information about:
Nutritional Requirements For 5-7 Year Olds: What To Eat
Between the ages of five and seven, kids should have a proper balanced diet plan. that includes foods from all the major food groups. This denotes a healthy balance of cereals, fruits, vegetables, dairy, proteins, and fats.
They are a source of energy. Grains like roti, bread, and rice, as well as other starchy foods like potatoes, preferably with the skin on, must be included in a child’s diet at this age. This is the main diet plan for 5 -7 year old children.
Children who are growing need proteins for optimum development. High in protein and an essential ingredient for children’s nutrition are pulses and beans.
Fruits and veggies:
Vegetables are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Fruits, which are rich in vitamins, fiber, and natural sugars, are also a crucial component of a child’s diet.
Milk is a fantastic source of calcium and a terrific source of protein (paneer, cheese). Every day, kids require roughly three servings of dairy products like milk or yogurt.
Fats should be included in a child’s diet plan because they are also essential for their growth and development. Make the correct proportions of healthy fats like ghee and coconut oil your choice.
Nutritional Requirements For 5-7 Year Olds: What To Avoid
There are some foods that kids ought to stay away from at all times. These foods are convenient, aesthetically pleasing, and heavily processed with a lot of sugar, fat, and sodium that is a good diet plan for 5 -7 year old children.
Packaged cereals are a genuine annoyance these days and are widely available at kirana and supermarket stores. While some claim to be produced with ragi, oats, various millets, and whole grains, they are actually laden with extra sugar. So avoid this diet plan for 5 -7 year old children.
Sausages, bacon, salami:
The English breakfast of bread and sausage looks delicious in novels and movies, but ground meat with fillers, sodium, chemicals, and colors doesn’t have much nutritional value.
Nuggets are another well-liked and practical frozen food. There are many options available, but none of them are healthy for your children and shouldn’t be included in a diet plan for 5 -7 year old children.
Full day diet plan for 5-7 year old children
- 100 grams of grains (e.g., 1 slice of whole grain toast)
- 1 tablespoon of nut or seed butter
- 1 cup of dairy or dairy substitute
- 1 fruit cup
- 1/2 cup of cereal made with oats.
- 1 teaspoon oil with two tablespoons of protein (e.g., 2 tablespoon protein of choice, cooked in 1 teaspoon olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon of oil plus 1/2 cup of veggies (such as 1 teaspoon of oil and 1/2 cup of roasted carrots)
- a single cup of grains, such as a half-cup of cooked rice
- veggies, such as 1/2 cup of celery sticks
- 1 protein tablespoon (e.g., 2 tablespoons of hummus)
- Grain weight: 1 cup of cooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon of your preferred protein
- Vegetables, half a cup
- 1 cup of dairy or dairy substitute (e.g., 1 cup of yogurt of choice)
- a half-cup of fruit (e.g., 4 strawberries)